Last trial made with ChampionPig© in a commercial farm confirms its effectiveness to reduce gut health problems, increase survivability and promote growth in piglets from birth to weaning.
ChampionPig© is a program made with natural products, intended for sows and piglets from birth to the end of nursery. In this case, the trial was carried out with two products included in the program: ActiPlus© and SupraPlus©, both intended to improve gut health, to keep the animals hydrated, and to give an extra supplementation of vitamin E.
DESIGN OF THE TRIAL
Time: May 2021
Animals: Sows from 7 days before farrowing, piglets from birth until 10 days after weaning.
- During the last weeks of gestation, sows were administered SupraPlus© through drinking water, every day
- Piglets from the sows of the trial group were given ActiPlus© on days 1, 2, 3 of life.
- When weaned at 21 days of life, the piglets were administered SupraPlus© through drinking water, every day, for 10 days.
Control group: the normal health program of the farm.
All the housing conditions, feeding, management, and health programs, were identical for both groups.
The weight of the piglets at birth was not possible to record.
The use a combination of ActiPlus© and SupraPlus© (ChampionPig© program) resulted in a clear advantage in terms of occurrence of diarrhea and survivability during the suckling period; weight gain, feed intake and FCR after weaning.
The financial payback of the trial group was 7 times better than the control group.
The most important parameter for the economic benefit of the farm is the average daily weight gain, which improved from 153 g (control group) to 198 g (with ChampionPig©). There are many studies that relate the average daily weight gain post-weaning to a faster growth during nursery and fattening period, a better FCR during fattening and to fewer days needed to reach slaughter weight.
PRODUCTS OF CHOICE
ActiPlus© is intended to maintain digestive health and to keep hydration in young mammals, preventing diarrhea and promoting growth during the suckling period.
It is formulated with synergistic ingredients:
• Bactericidal and fungicidal essential oils, that reduce the number of pathogenic microbes in the digestive system.
• Plant extracts with prebiotic effect, that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
• Electrolytes to maintain hydration.
• Sugars that are quickly absorbed and can be easily used as an energy source.
• Vitamin E as a immune booster.
It is applied directly into the mouth of the animal using the dosing pump or with a syringe.
SupraPlus© is intended to maintain and improve digestive health and to improve hydration in poultry, ruminants and swine of all ages. It is given through drinking water and is formulated with synergistic ingredients:
• Bactericidal and fungicidal plant extracts, combined with organic acids for better effectiveness, that reduce the number of pathogenic microbes in the digestive system.
• Plant extracts with prebiotic effect, that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive system.
• Electrolytes to maintain hydration
• Sugars that are quickly absorbed and can be easily used as a energy source
• Vitamin E
Copyright© 2021 PlusVet Animal Health
Certain health statements may not be applicable in your geographical region.