Key advantages of our PlusBind line:
- Our products show the highest legally guaranteed binding rate for zearalenone in the whole Chinese market.
- Better adsorption rate for all mycotoxins than more expensive competitors.
- Expanding structure, that allows a greater binding surface and provides specific and targeted activity at the lowest possible inclusion rate.
- No interference with vitamins, amino acids or pharmaceuticals.
Superior binding rate
Using our know-how on mycotoxin binders, we test and select the best aluminosilicates silicates. Mixing silicates allows PlusBind and PlusBind Bio to be more effective than products based only on one raw material.
The final product is a strategic blend of raw materials with superior binding capacity at a low dose.
PlusBind has a surface area available for mycotoxin binding of 750 m2/gram
Twelve grams have a surface area that covers an entire football field!
Aluminosilicates in PlusBind consist of a 3-layer structure containing aluminum and silicon dioxide. In wet environments, such as inside digestive system, these 3-layer-packages are able to expand and even to disperse as free individual molecules, forming a suspension. Such expanding structure allows a surface available for binding mycotoxins greater than competitors and a lower dose per ton of feed.
We guarante: You can test in your lab the expanding ability by performing a swelling test. Ask us how!
PlusBind Bio, premium mycotoxin binder
Our premium mycotoxin binder PlusBind Bio contains chicory extract of European origin. Chicory extract is rich in inulin, a fructooligosaccharide.
Inulin has a prebiotic effect and boosts the growth of some beneficial species of intestinal flora, such as some strains f Lactobacillus sp, that are able to bind mycotoxins in their cell wall.
Besides, inulin is able to restore balance of gut flora, that is negatively affected by some mycotoxins such as trichothecenes.
Deconstructing the myths
Thanks to the marketing strategies of very famous producers, there are some widespread mythsturn out not to be true:
1) About binders based on aluminosilicates: it is believed that silicates are only useful for binding aflatoxins. While this was true for the first generation of binders that came out in the 80’s, some of the modern silicates are able to adsorb difficult-to-bind mycotoxins better than other compounds like yeast cell wall.
2) About binders based on yeast cell wall: it is believed that binders based on yeast-cell wall are better at binding difficult-to-bind mycotoxins than aluminosilicates. The truth is that the binding capacity differs greatly among products, and some of them show poor performance.
Application in poultry
Under practical conditions, no poultry feed is completely free of mycotoxins. Additionally, no feed can be expected to contain only one mycotoxin. A summary of research papers published from 1980 to 2009 (Andretta et al, 2011) indicates that the presence of mycotoxins reduces feed intake by 12% and body weight gain by 14% (aflatoxins, ochratoxin) and increases mortality by 2.8 folds (trichothecenes, aflatoxins). Mycotoxins can also cause vaccination failure (aflatoxins, trichothecenes).
Nowadays, most common pathological signs found in the farms are those produced by trichothecenes in the digestive system (ulcers in mouth, erosions in gizzard and lesions in intestinal epithelium) and liver toxicity by aflatoxins.
PlusBind and PlusBind Bio have shown to successfully prevent and treat the harmful effects of mycotoxins in poultry. Many customers report that with the use of our mycotoxin binders the digestive problems by trichothecenes are solved. Moreover, in trials against competitors, our binders resulted in 2.72% better weight at slaughter and a mortality reduced by 2.61 points.
Application in swine
Surveys about mycotoxin contamination of swine feed indicate that nearly 100% of pig feeds are positive to mycotoxins.
Contamination by vomitoxin is the most worrisome. Vomitoxin reduces feed intake by 10 to 30%, impairs weight gain by 5 to 20% and can increase the days required to reach market weight by 5.2.
Aflatoxins and ochratoxins are other important contaminants. Recently, these mycotoxins, together with fumonisins, are in the focus of attention because they predispose pigs to infections and are one significant cause of vaccination failure.
Data also shows that 75%% of gestation and lactation feeds are contaminated with zearalenone. This mycotoxin, together with ochratoxin, causes serious reproductive problems to gilts, sows and boars, leading to severe economic losses.
In many farms, PlusBind and PlusBind Bio have helped to prevent and solve the problems caused by zearalenone and vomitoxin. Customers that found no remedy with other products from competitors tried our mycotoxin binders with excellent results. Moreover, in trials against competitors in finisher pigs, PlusBind resulted in a 6% better weight gain and 8.81% better feed intake .
Application in ruminants
Ruminants consume forages, by-product feeds and wet feeds, and that’s why they are exposed to a broader range of mycotoxins and at higher concentrations than poultry and swine. Often, mycotoxin problems in ruminants are chronic diseases caused by low-level consumption over long periods. Acute cases caused by a single, large dose are rare.
Ruminants are more resistant to mycotoxins than monogastrics thanks to degradation and inactivation processes that happen in the rumen. However, due to larger feed consumption and to periods of serious stress, some ruminants such as dairy cows may be more susceptible to certain mycotoxins.
Mycotoxins affect dairy cows by reducing feed consumption (aflatoxins and T2-toxin), suppressing immunity (T2-toxin), altering reproduction (zearalenone), irritating tissues (vomitoxin and T2-toxin) and impacting productivity. Milk quality is impaired by aflatoxins, that are eliminated through milk in the form of aflatoxin M1 and M2, and by vomitoxin and T2-toxin, that elevate somatic cell count levels.
Practical experience with PlusBind has proved to be able to improve milk quality, reducing the amount of aflatoxins in milk and allowing our customers to be paid more for their milk production.
We are experts.
So what else can we do for you?
- If you are raising another kind of animals not mentioned in this blog post, such as aquaculture species, rabbits or animals raised for fur, we can help you to find the best dose of our products and collaborate with you to fight problems related to mycotoxins.
- We have a clinical lab that analyses the mycotoxins levels your feed, raw materials or milk.
- We help you to diagnose the signs of mycotoxicosis with a necropsy service.
- We assess the actual risk of mycotoxicosis in your feed or farm.
- We support you to establish HACCP plans to reduce hazards related to mycotoxins.
Products of choice
PlusBind® with its expanding structure and its high binding efficiency per gram of product, is the ideal solution to maintain health and productivity in despite of defective cereal conditions.
PlusBind Bio® is a highly effective mycotoxin binder with prebiotic effect, which will restore balance of digestive flora and promote the growth of Lactobacillus species. Lactobacillus species have been proven to exert a detoxifying activity on mycotoxins.
For more information on this topic and on our products, do not hesitate to contact us through email@example.com
Pictures found in Shutterstock, Freepik.com, Wikimedia Commons.
Certain health statements may not be applicable in your geographical region. Product claims may differ based upon the requirements of your government.