THE CONCEPT OF GUT HEALTH
Gut Health is of vital importance to the performance of production animals. A healthy gastrointestinal tract allows to reduce or eliminate the use of antibiotic growth promoters.
Gut health is the absence of disease so that the animal is able to perform its physiological functions and withstand exogenous and endogenous stressors.
It covers multiple positive aspects of the gastrointestinal tract: effective digestion and absorption of nutrients, healthy tissues, normal and stable intestinal microbiota, effective immune status and a state of well-being.
3 FEATURES OF A HEALTHY GUT
When evaluating gut health, we should pay attention to the following three features.
1. Healthy tissues
- Absence of lesions, irritation or inflammation
- Proper amount of mucin
- In the small intestine, tall villi and high villus/crypt ratio
- Robust barrier function
2. Balanced microbiome
- High microbial diversity
- Elevated amount of beneficial microorganisms
- Reduced amount of pathogenic microorganisms
3. Strong digestive immunity
- Generation of a proper immune response to invading pathogens
- Contribute to a robust intestinal barrier function
- Avoid producing an excessive inflammatory response
OUR PRODUCTS TARGET THE 3 FEATURES OF A HEALTHY GUT
Whether your goal is antibiotic-free production or just healthier and more productive animals, we have the right gut health solution adapted to each specie and age.
We have a comprehensive vision of the importance of the digestive system and that’s why we have designed our products and programs to target the three features of gut health. This holistic design makes our products radically different from competitors.
In our products for gut health, we include:
- Ingredients that target the health of the tissues.
- Ingredients that balance the microbiome.
- Ingredients that boost digestive immunity in a natural way.
- Auxiliary ingredients necessary for digestive functioning.
OUR PRODUCTS FOR GUT HEALTH
|Specie||Product in liquid||Product in liquid||Product in powder||Product in powder|
|Poultry||PlusProtect Digestive©||ExtraProtect© Layers and breeders||GrowthPlus©|
|Swine||ActiPlus© Sows and piglets||SupraPlus© Weaned||PigletPlus© Piglets||ReproPlus© Sows|
LABORATORY SERVICES TO ASSESS THE HEALTH STATUS OF THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
Understanding the underlying causes of gut health problems is the first step towards the solution. That’s why we offer laboratory diagnostic services, such as:
- Mycotoxin contamination in feedstuffs
- Microbiology of feedstuffs, drinking water, surfaces and table eggs.
- Ratio lactobacilli:coliforms in feces of weaned piglets
- Evaluation of bacterial flora in poultry feces
- Acid binding capacity of post-weaning feed
- Quality of fats
We also offer technical and nutritional consultancy.
WE DELIVER THE MOST UPDATED SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT GUT HEALTH
Through our website and our social media channels, we share technical information about gut health in production animals and pets.
Our goal is to keep our customers well informed and raise awareness about the importance of gut health for safer meat, milk and eggs.
Copyright © 2017 PlusVet Animal Health
Certain health statements may not be applicable in your geographical region. Product claims may differ based upon the requirements of your government.