The animals were 50,000 layers, aged 255 days. This breed lays pink eggs. There was no control group.
The laying hens were treated during 7 days with PhytoMax© and PlusProtect Digestive©. The egg shell quality and the digestive health was observed at days 3, 5, 7 and two days after the end of the treatment.
The day before the trial
- More than 85% of the eggs were pale, with a color lighter than the standard of the breed.
- The eggshell was rough.
- Many hens showed digestive problems, such as diarrhea and watery feces.
3 days of treatment
- The color and the roughness of the eggshell started to improve.
- The amount of animals with digestive problems diminished.
5 days of treatment
- Only 40% of the eggs had pale eggshells.
- Most of the eggs showed normal texture.
- The amount of animals with digestive problems were further reduced.
7 days of treatment
- Only 25% of the eggs had pale eggshells.
- All the eggs showed normal texture.
- The digestive problems were completely solved.
2 days after the end of the treatment
- All the eggs had normal color and texture.
- The digestive problems were solved and didn’t come back after the end of the treatment.
Products of choice
PhytoMax© is a combination of vitamins, chelated calcium, microminerals and essential oils to be given through drinking water. It is intended for layers and breeders to:
- Maintain the levels of calcium and magnesium needed for optimal egg production.
- Reinforce skeletal health.
- Prevent cage fatigue.
- Stimulate the hepatic metabolism and the immune system.
- Improve the quality of the egg and the health of day-old chicks.
- Avoid the drop of the laying rate produced by stress (management, vaccines, hot weather, etc…)
- At the start of the laying period, to boost productivity.
- Prolong the productive life of the hen.
PlusProtect Digestive© is intended to maintain and improve digestive health in birds, rabbits and aquatic species of all ages. It is given through drinking water and is formulated with synergistic ingredients:
- Essential oils with bactericidal and fungicidal activity
- Immunostimulant and antioxidant essential oils
- Plant extracts with prebiotic effect.
Copyright© 2019 PlusVet Animal Health
Certain health statements may not be applicable in your geographical region. Product claims may differ based upon the requirements of your government.